Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Art Show

collage, cadmium yellow hue, burnt sienna, papiers coupes, paper cutouts, mosquito
Regarding Insectivorus Botanikos
Every spring The New Zone Artists Collective http://www.newzonegallery.org/ hosts a non-juried show which is then featured in the First Friday Artwalk. This season I've chosen to submit this collage (above) I recently made.

Some of my all time favorite artists, like Hannah Hoch, Henri Matisse, and Pablo Picasso all utilized 'papiers coupes', or paper cutouts in their works, and I am fascinated when pouring over books featuring their works.  My own journey through the world of memory keeping led me to this fascination with collage; an old magazine, a pair of scissors...


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Under The Plum Blossom Tree | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig