Sunday, July 27, 2014

From Garden to Table: Greek Salad

Greek Salad, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta chese, kalamata olives, olive oil, fiestaware

    There is a planting box in my garden that is full of a variety of herbs, especially oregano.  Lots of oregano.  It has practically taken over the herb bed, and the bees love it - they flit in and out of my yard all day long, loving that oregano.  My first thought about how I would use this herb when I planted it was this Greek Salad.  The freshness of the herb gives this salad a bright summery taste!

This recipe is one I found here on the internet a very long time ago and I did not write down the source, but what I really liked about it is that, for the most part, it doesn't have any specific amounts of any of the ingredients.  It's unpretentious - just throw these things together and enjoy!

Greek Salad

3-4 tomatoes
onion
1 cucumber
feta cheese
olive oil
salt
kalamata olives
oregano

Cut the tomatoes, onion and cucumber in slices.  Mix them, add salt.  Add pieces of feta, oregano, olives, and at the end pour some olive oil.    That's it!   

oregano, fresh oregano, oregano growing, garden
























Thanks for looking, and next week let's talk about art!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Under The Plum Blossom Tree | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig