Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Mother's Day Greeting Card And Name Banner

Mother's Day, Mother's Day Greeting Card, Name Banner, scrapbook supplies, use scrapbook supplies to make card, use scrapbook supplies to make banner









Since tomorrow is Mother's Day here in the U.S. I would like to show you a greeting card and name banner that I made for my mom.  Last Saturday was National Scrapbook Day, and I wrote here on the blog about my recent memory keeping projects, and referenced some of the products I've been working with lately.  Today, I'd like to show you how I used more of the Studio Calico Project Life kit 'Lisse Street', along with some of the patterned paper that I ordered as an add on.  I also worked with a few of the items from the Park Ave scrapbook kit, and added a sheet of Bazzill yellow-gold cardstock to the mix. 

Mother's Day, Mother's Day Greeting Card, Name Banner, scrapbook supplies, Studio Calico, Studio Calico Lisse Street, Studio Calico Park Ave

The finished size of the card (below) is 5x5 inches.  After cutting the yellow-gold cardstock to 5 inches wide and 10 inches long, I used a scoring blade in a paper cutter to score it in the middle of the length to create the base of the card.  Then, I cut a piece of white cardstock just a bit smaller for the front, and another for the inside, then embellished the front with transparencies, letter stickers and chipboard.  

Mother's Day, Mother's Day Greeting Card, Name Banner, scrapbook supplies, use scrapbook supplies to make greeting card, handmade greeting card
For the banner, I cut one 3"x4" rectangle for each letter from the striped paper, then cut the flower patterned paper just a bit smaller so that it would fit inside the striped paper, notching them at the bottom to give them that 'banner' look. Then I punched holes in the corner of each one and strung them using baker's twine.

Mother's Day, Name Banner, gift idea, handmade banner, use scrapbook supplies to make banner

name banner, scrapbook supplies, use scrapbook supplies to make name banner

My mother now lives in a nursing home very close to us, and I'll be bringing these gifts to her tomorrow.  I made the banner to hang on the door of her room; several of the other residents have cute things on their doors and I thought it would be nice for my mom to have something that would add to the cheeriness in the hallway, and maybe lift her spirits, as well.

Mother's Day Greeting Card, Mother's Day gift idea, scrapbook supplies, use scrapbook supplies to make greeting card, use scrapbook supplies to make banner

I've written a little bit about my mom in the past - she not only has Alzheimer's but has also struggled with illness and a serious injury in the past few months.  Things are looking up lately, and she's doing much better, although being 91 (almost 92!) is hard enough as it is.  In the quiet hours of the morning, I'm going to write a sentiment inside the card, before going to visit my mom tomorrow.  Happy Mother's Day!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Under The Plum Blossom Tree | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig